The Grandma Name Hunt
The amazing Jenny Hansen gave me some assistance on The Grandma Project this week. I got a fun, short list of Grandma names to try out on the babies:
But it’s probably a little soon to see how the babies (they arrived safely and have names!) like them…
Best Board Books for Babies?
Because I love books, you know I’ll be getting the babies some books. I do realize they will need to start with board books, so that’s the next part of my Grandma Project. I did a Google search and came up with some promising titles, but let’s face it, the toughest critics are the babies (see above if you doubt me).
Here’s my top five contenders for the Grandma Project:
- Goodnight Moon (it made almost every listI looked at)
- Moo Baa La La La (I could easily fill this list and several more with Sandra Boynton, because I love her books. I also love reading them, but do the kids love them?)
- Olivia (this gets high praise here.)
- Trains Go (Because we got a boy in there and his dad loved trains and trucks. Found this book here.)
- The Pigeon Loves Things That Go (because I’m kind of dark that way and apparently, this place is, too.)
Obviously this isn’t a final list, because I want to hear from you. And I’m ready to start reading to those darling babies yesterday. So, peeps? What needs to be added? Anything need to go? What do you think of the Grandma names? Should I start training them to call me one or wait to see what they come up with for me?
All comments are entered into my monthly drawing for $10 AnaBanana gift card. Winner is announced in the first blog post of the new month.
Perilously (and deliriously happily) yours,
When I’m not grinning like an idiot about the babies, I’m editing my upcoming release, Relatively Risky, my first romantic suspense novel in five years! I posted the first excerpt on my website at paulinebjones.com