The Grandma not only lived, she loved every moment of her holiday #GrandmaProject. Now the aftermath? Being left in an empty house? That is not so great. But it is part of the Circle of Life, so I will be brave (mostly).
One of my kids asked me what I was going to do when everyone was gone and I said, “Oh, just write a book.”
They all laughed, but I am very aware that I owe my readers not just one new book, but at least two. I got knocked off my production track that last part of 2016, but going to try very hard to get back on that track in 2017.
Because I’m old (and I died in 1999), I don’t do resolutions that much anymore. I think what I do is more wishes. haha
So here is what I wish for you and me in 2017:
- More kindness toward each other
- Good times with friends and family
- Good food and good books
- Peace in our hearts (even if peace on earth seems a bit distant right now)
- Courage in our challenges
- Learning from those challenges that gives us more courage for more challenges (yes, that is pretty much how it works, I’m afraid)
- Hope in our hearts that we can all be better, that we are judged by our best moments, not our worst
What do you wish/hope for in 2017?
I love comments so much that I pick a favorite to receive my monthly AnaBanana gift basket ($25 value). (And don’t forget that once a quarter I’ll be tossing in something fun from the Perilously Fun Shop!) Recipient is announced the first blog post of the new month. (I know I need to announce a winner for December, but it’s not easy to get my brain online, so stay tuned!)