First off, I wanted to let my Scenic Route friends know that I’m guest blogging (yes, again, sometimes the universe sends abundance!) at Julie Kenner’s blog today. Could definitely use some peep love! 🙂
As I was browsing the hub’s photos and mulling what scenic route to take today and for some reason I started thinking about all the places we’d lived and how each place had enriched my life in some way. So I thought I’d share something I’ve learned from each state we’ve lived in. (It’s a short list. We haven’t lived that many places. grin)
- Wyoming – The water table is deep and the winds can be harsh…but it’s so worth it…it taught me to dig deep and stand my ground..
- Utah – The state has so much beauty, so much to offer…it had everything but a job for us. From here I learned to soak up the things that refresh your soul, because change will come. So we moved on to…
- Texas – Yup, we have made two passes through Texas. I loved it both times. It’s big and soaring and brash, and the people don’t have a lot of patience with whining. Here I learned how to suck it up and be happy…
- Louisiana – During our eighteen years there, I learned how to be flexible, how to adapt to change. How to judge hearts better, and yeah, more lessons in not whining…
- Texas – My second pass through felt almost like coming home. It’s still big, still brash, still bold and lots of fun. I think I’m finally learning to get over myself. To grow where I’m planted. And to not fear a big purse or sassy boots. 🙂
So what have the places you’ve lived taught you about yourself? About life? About those places? Not only do comments start conversations, they get you entered into my monthly drawing for an AnaBanana gift basket worth $20. It’s my favorite soap site, hands down and I love sharing the yummy with my blog friends. 🙂
Pauline feels fortunate that, throughout her travels, her business has been portable. Hmmm, have computer, will travel? Maybe with a nice RV…in the meantime, you can find out about her and her books at paulinebjones.com.